Searching...
Thursday, September 17, 2015

New avatar site: Kingdom of Knuffels - come and join us!

I must admit that even before the emergence of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and any other social gaming sites, I was once hooked on this so called "Avatar Community Sites".  It is a fun and unique style of anime-themed social networking and forum based websites.  Where as, you will receive a customizable avatar when you sign up.  The users are then given the ability to customize their chosen avatars in many possible ways.  It includes the hair style, eye color, skin tones, gender, and numerous clothing.  It's really up to the user's ability on how he or she will beautify his/her chosen avatar style.

The pioneer on this field was of course Gaia Online which started way back in 2003.  I first joined in October of 2004 and I was addicted instantly.  I was an active member though there were years that I was on a semi-hiatus status because of my studies and work, but I never forget to check out the site every once in a while.  Then after several years of devoting thousands of hours playing on Gaia, an unexpected thing happened.  If my memory serves me right, it was 2013 when the site suddenly made some drastic changes specially on it's original managing team.  These changes had a considerable huge impact not only on the site's virtual economy side but also to its bloodline, their loyal members.  

Item prices in the marketplace suddenly sky rocketed into an unimaginable prices due to the release of  these so called "gold generator" items.  And as expected, a mass uproar ignited from the discontent members and site protests where everywhere.  But I guess, the new managing team were deaf on the thousands of complaints posted around the forums and still continues to wreak havoc in the marketplace resulting to hyper inflation.  

Current state of Marketplace item prices as of September 17, 2015
Due to these series of unfortunate events, many members have lost their interests and resorted to google in search of a new avatar community sites that would fit into their liking and taste.  That's including me.  But enough of these rants, past is past.  Let us leave the past behind and start a new one.  It's time to move on!

After searching like almost forever, I was able to find a new avatar site that I'm proud to say to call my new home.  If you are looking for a new Gaia like avatar community site, this one is for you.  Say hello and welcome to:

Kingdom of Knuffels
The Kingdom of Knuffels was established in 2007 by Firn and Starkad.  It has a relatively small community compared to Gaia but I love it there.  The members are friendly and the admins are really approachable.  Like any other avatar sites, it has its own economy.  By posting in the forums, voting in polls, playing the site's flash games, selling arts, digging with your Knuffels or even creating your own Wild Knuffels, could earn you some Food Points - the site's main currency.  You can buy items sold by members in the Market place using FPs.  There's also this Troth Tokens, a reward for regular members.  Troth Tokens can be claimed daily.  You can buy exclusive items using these tokens at the Troth Tent.  They also have Fairy Coins, a sort of donation showing your appreciation to the site.  FCs are used to buy exclusive monthly treasure items at the Treasure trove.

I know you are wondering what is that "Knuffel" thingy I mentioned above?

Here are an examples of these cute Knuffels that I currently own in KOFK.

And this is my current avatar style 

Thousands of different cute avatar items are now available in the game.  So if you want to find out more about these cutie Knuffel stuff, I am inviting you to join in the fun. The site address is http://kofk.de/index.php See you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment