Searching...
Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lea Salonga explains her side regarding the "kababawan" tweets


Here is the full transcript of Ms Lea Salonga's explanation regarding her "Kababawan" tweets just recently that caused ire specially on the Aldubnation's side.  This was originally posted on her facebook account but was already taken down.  Thank you for the kind soul who made the screenshot for this.
"Allow me to report the original post here. Okay lang sa akin ang kababawan pero hanggang doon na lamang ba tayo?" Now indulge me as I dissect and share some thoughts on the matter.  
1. Nowhere in that post did I mention names or point that at anyone or anything specific. That the posting was done right smack when both ABS-CBN and GMA were involved in a battle is my own unfortunate timing. Coincide can be a bitch sometimes. If there's anything I regret, it's not knowing that this was happening. If I had posted that exact same thing a day or two later, chances are it would've been dismissed.  
2. Everyone has their own brand of kababawan. I know I do. Loud laughter after hearing the Super Mario theme song is one of mine, for example, or seeing a photograph of random cute things like puppies and kittens. I wasn't slamming any particular things as these little bits of fun are needed for a complete human experience. It's good for the soul and uplifting for the spirit.  
3. Let me share one tidbit that made me very very angry. Epy Quizon played Apolinario Mabini in the film Heneral Luna. He was once asked by a college student why Mabini was always sitting down. Upon hearing this, my jaw hit the floor and I wanted to body slam myself against the wall. My brain damn near exploded. I am nowhere near being a scholar of history by any means, but at the very least we should know certain personell that figured in some of our more important moments in history. That a college student didn't know who Mabini was was appalling, because this is something she should have learned in high school at the latest in conjunction with that therefore.  
4. Seeing all Heneral Luna posts and reading about Epy got me fired up. That's most probably where my kababawan post came from. We as people can have our fun, but we have to aspire to much more than that. Our nation is not a good place. We can point fingers and play the blame game, but ultimately it's we as people that will make it rise up again.  
I think that's all I have to say while on a short break from work. I regret that what I thought was a harmless post struck a very sensitive nerve. That was not my intention at all."
Lea doesn't seemed to be bothered at all by tons of hate messages/tweets she has received recently because in fact, she is literally busy preparing for the upcoming Allegiance Musical on Broadway which is set to make its debut this November 8, 2015.

As of this writing, Lea and Joey De Leon was already in good terms after exchanging tweets last week explaining both their sides.  Source

Photo(s) from google

0 comments:

Post a Comment